One of the most dreaded dental procedures for adults is a tooth extraction. Every person only receives one set of permanent teeth, which means when a permanent tooth is extracted it will not replace itself. Tooth extractions involve the removal of a tooth from its socket in the jawbone. If a tooth has become too damaged or too unhealthy that it is more beneficial to live without it than it is to live with it, a tooth extraction is necessary.
The most common reasons for a tooth extraction are:
- Severe tooth decay or infection that makes it impossible or too expensive to repair a tooth
- When a tooth is hindering the health or eruption of another tooth
- During orthodontic treatment, it is not uncommon for some baby teeth to need to be pulled (extracted) in order to create necessary room for the permanent teeth
- Advanced gum disease of requires that a tooth be extracted so that the disease does not affect the supporting tissues and bone structures of other teeth
- Wisdom teeth are the most common teeth to be extracted because they typically are impacted or come in at an angle that is detrimental to your other teeth
If you need a tooth extraction here in the Fort Mill area, you can put your full confidence in Gold Hill Dentistry. We can remove a tooth to eliminate your pain and to prevent damage to the existing teeth and gums. Any type of infection or disease can easily spread to the neighboring teeth and gums, so when the health of a tooth is beyond repair it is imperative that a tooth be extracted in order to protect your entire mouth. Our office is fully equipped with amenities to make dental care a positive experience. We offer sedation dentistry for those who need an extra measure of comfort and ability to relax.
Gold Hill Dentistry is where Fort Mill, Rock Hill, and South Charlotte residents turn to for painless tooth extractions. Our qualified and experienced dentist, Dr. Kavi Sagunarthy, and staff provide exceptional and comfortable comprehensive dental care to patients of all ages. Contact us today.
Posted on behalf of
2848 Pleasant Road, #104
Fort Mill, SC 29708
Phone: (803) 547-4466